Though the course title might looks a bit heavy for a blogger, but nevertheless bloggers facing a similar problem every writers everywhere have: how to write a good piece of writing. And this course provides good information about the subject of writing in general, including assignments and exercises to better understand about the subject.
But science is scary...Should the word "Sciences" freaks you, as it is to those without a background in science, well it's intention is not to shoo non-scientific people away, but to address the specific challenges and needs of a scientific writing: "Communicates an idea clearly and effectively". As science naturally involves a lot of jargon and complex thoughts, therefore the need of clarity and effectiveness is paramount.
While presenting complex formulas and theory might not be a challenge bloggers might face daily, but the de-cluttering skill itself is applicable to any of non-fiction writing subjects, including blogging.
Course MaterialsIn this course, the participants will learn the basics about:
- What makes good writing?
- What makes a good writer?
- Steps to becoming a better writer
- Communicates an idea clearly and effectively
- Develop an elegance and stylish writing
- Cut the clutters and bloats from a writing
- Writing effectively
- To become a good writer you must first read, pay attention, and imitate
- Write regularly in a journal (or blog) as exercise
- Write to engage your readers -- try not to bore them!
- Stop waiting for "inspiration"
- Accept that writing is hard for everyone, even for professionals!
- Revise, nobody gets it perfect on the first try
- Learn how to cut (editing) ruthlessly, never become to attached to your words
- Find a good editor!
- Take risks, get out of your box and get your own voice (writing style)